Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Spiderwick Cake





Here is my latest creation, a cake based on the Spiderwick Chronicles movie. It's a three-tiered cake based on the house in the movie. The bottom layer is stacks of Rice Krispie treats covered in icing and fondant. The middle layer is a peanut butter cake, and the top layer chocolate cake.

The big round window is made of rolled fondant that was painted with food coloring, as is the jars that spell out Kenzie.

The book is made of sheets of brownies covered in icing and then fondant, and the pages are edible rice paper that were traced with food coloring markers.

The figures are McDonald's toys.

I'll start digging up photos of my other cakes and post them as well. Hope everyone enjoys.

5 comments:

Jerry Pennington said...

Wow .. that cake is almost as good as the photos of it.

Anna said...

Hahahahaha...I am laughing at your hubby's comment! The cake is awesome Lisa! Can't wait to see more!

Lisa P said...

Thanks, and yeah, the pictures are always good.

faithy said...

Awesome creation!!!

Anonymous said...


wow Lisa, amazing and I would love to have you in my kitchen!