Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Charlotte's Peanut Butter Candy

Here's the recipe for my sister's awesome peanut butter candy. It has turned out every single time I've ever made it-no matter the humidity. I'm posting it 1. because it's really good and easy and 2. because I lose it all the time and have to call her to get it again-figured this was I'd know where it was:

Ingredients:
1. 4 cups sugar
2. 1 stick butter
3. 1 cup milk(i use skim-what i have and it works fine)
4. 3 tablespoons flour
5. pinch of salt
6. 2 cups peanut butter
7. 1-2 teaspoons vanilla
8. 3 tablespoons white corn syrup

Directions:
Place ingredients 1-5 in heavy pan. Boil until it reaches soft ball stage(i use a candy thermometer for this). Remove from heat and add ingredients 6-8. Stir. Pour in foil or wax paper lined pan. Cool-I do this in the fridge-I not very patient. Cut into pieces and enjoy.

Hope you give it a try-Lisa

No comments: